Thursday, October 22, 2009

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!! freedom!

Hot damn, it's a GREAT day! i finally got my tapering schedule from my doc....and it's gonna be a lot less time than i expected to do this shift. i thought it would be about a 2 month process....nope...just about a month. 9 days to rapidly taper, then I'm done....and i just have to get through the 2-3 weeks of reaction and adjustment - THEN I'M FREEEEEEE!! then i can move onto the next step! then i can think about being normal again, and not having to worry about the ups and downs! closing the door to the worry about the effects of the meds on a baby...granted, i know there are other natural life things that could happen, but i feel much better knowing that i have done my part to make sure whenever i get prego that the baby is as healthy as possible!
there is, however, the possibility that when i do get prego and the hormones start kicking in that i will start having ups and downs again - especially postpartum - but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.
I'm happy...extatic...and i think i can get through this shift better than usual because i will know that it's the last time. done. finito. bye bye. no more lithium.
so, starting nov 1st, i'm starting the process of closing the door to that chapter in my life in order to open the door to the next...it's gonna be rough, but it's worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Melissa. It's great to hear some positive news on that front. I will be praying for you. Can't wait to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete